Dairy Farm Labourer Job in Canada
Position: Dairy Farm Labourer
|HIRING ORGANIZATION||Darcy and Rosalie Loewen|
|Salary||$16 to $18 hourly / 40 to 65 hours per week|
|Shift||Day, Evening, Weekend, Early Morning, Morning|
- Experience: Previous experience working on a dairy farm can be an advantage but is not always required. Some employers offer on-the-job training.
- Physical fitness: The job can be physically demanding, including lifting heavy items, bending, crouching, and standing for extended periods.
- Language: Basic understanding of English or French might be required, depending on the location.
- Skills: Ability to operate and maintain farm machinery, an understanding of the milking process, and general farm chores.
- Milking Cows: This includes prepping cows for milking, operating milking machinery, and ensuring cleanliness and hygiene.
- Feeding: Preparing and distributing food for the cows.
- Maintenance: Regular cleaning of stalls, machinery, and other areas of the farm.
- Calf care: Looking after young calves, including feeding and monitoring their health.
- Health Monitoring: Keeping an eye on the herd’s health, administering medications or treatments when necessary.
- General Farm Chores: This might include tasks like fencing, mowing, or maintaining farm buildings.
- Handling animals
- Feed and tend animals
- Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- Milk cows
- Clean stables, barns, barnyards and pens
- Perform general farm duties
- Work Environment: Dairy farms operate year-round, so workers may have to work in varying weather conditions.
- Work Hours: The hours can be long, with early morning or late evening shifts, and might include weekends.
- Opportunities: There can be opportunities to grow into more specialized roles, such as herd manager or farm supervisor, with experience and additional training.
How to Apply:
Who can apply for this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.